- It is a powerful scripting language that can be added with HTML to make the webpage more interactive.
- It is a client-side scripting, which means it runs on the user’s browser.
- On the contrary, you might have heard of server-side programming like PHP, ASP.Net, JSP etc. All of these languages are created on the program browser but not run on the server. Its output is converted to HTML and appears in the browser and you can not see its code on the browser.
Do we have to learn these three?
All these questions can be answered only when we know what is the work of these three languages. So let’s understand the use of these three:
- HTML: This is used for building the structure of the web page. You can learn HTML in just 20 minutes.
- CSS: Cascading Style Sheets is designed with a part of the website presentation, color is filled in it.
It is used to create an interactive website. Most of its usage would be to perform a task like this:
- Form Validation: While taking input on a form by the user, verify that the data entered is in the correct format or not like email, mobile no. etc.
- Popup Windows: such as alert dialog box, confirm dialog box etc. can also be created from it.
- Drop Down Menu: The dynamic drop-down menu can be created for the website.
- Browser Detection: User can find out which browser is in use.
- Cookies: Some information can be stored in the user’s browser and when the user visits again, this information can be accessed.
- Code Editor: You can use the notepad like normal text editor to write code. Anyone can use any code editor such as Notepad, Dreamweaver, Sublime, Brackets etc.
- Browser: You can use an advanced web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc.
Some of its benefits are:
- Fast Execution: This is fast because it runs on the client side and does not require much server interaction.
- Cross Platform: It can work easily on any operating system and any modern browser like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc.
- Easy to Learn: This language is very simple and it is very easy to learn.
Some of its disadvantages are:
Also, read an article on Web Designing at https://www.techfogg.com/web-development/web-designing